Thursday, November 3, 2011

Made it to Santa Clarita

Just a quick post to say I made it. I ended up leaving the house around 8am.


Here's the odometer reading.


It was slightly chilly in the morning, but luckily strong winds weren't going to hit Tucson until tomorrow. So I got out town in the nic of time.

Some highlights of today's ride. I got to see the odometer pass 10,000, woohoo! I had to learn how to fill my tank using California gas pumps. They have plastic gas fume catchers. It took me an embarrassing long time to figure out you have to hold back the plastic with your hand to finish topping the tank.

Look! Palm trees near 29 palms. Who would have guessed?


And finally, driving through palm springs with all the huge wind mills it's right out of a science fiction film. Looks very cool.

I hit some heavy freeway traffic after getting on I5. I was too much of a chicken to try lane splitting, but saw many other bikes doing it.

Didn't make it to the hotel until 5:45ish?

I grabbed some dinner at "the outback" grilled salmon, vegetables and a beer. Don't worry I walked there.

Supposed to be raining tomorrow morning. Let's hope I miss it:)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. how is the airhawk .. i wanna know i wanna know !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't have made it without the Airhawk. It did extend the length of each leg of the trip. I would certainly suggest it to anyone wanting some extra cushion on a long ride. I'm hoping to start posting pic's of the trip tonight! Sorry for taking so long:)

    ReplyDelete