Monday, June 2, 2014

Paris 2014 - Part VII

Sunday was our last full day in Paris.  There was still tons to see and do, but we had to pick and choose carefully now, since we couldn't fit everything in.

We started the morning at our favorite bakery with breakfast quiches.
Then we started walking towards a church we wanted to explore when we suddenly found ourselves in the middle of a bird and fish flea market.
Time was ticking so we browsed and moved on.
The church we wanted to visit was called St. Chappelle, and it's sort of famous for its stain glass windows.
As you enter, you're eyes are drawn to the ceiling.  Amazing!
There were some stain glass windows here, but nothing to write home about.
Then we find out there is an upstairs.  Ok, let's check that out.
Now that's more like it!
Looking straight up.
After being shocked and awe'd we headed out towards our next stop.
That was going to be a museum, but on the way there we found ourselves in the middle of a park, and decided to rest for a bit.
After resting the legs we continued on to the Orangarie museum.  This is the place that has two full round rooms of Monet's Water Lilies.  There was a line to get in,  but since it was the first Sunday of the month admission was free.  Win!
Unfortunately you can't take photos of the water lilies, but no such restrictions on the rest of the museum.
They have art here from most of the famous impressionists.  Monet, Renoir, Picasso, etc etc.
Some of my favorites.
We started to get hungry so we left the museum and strolled our way through the streets of Paris towards a outdoor maket area called Rue Cler.
On the way there we noticed a Triumph Trophy.  What a nice looking bike!
Just snapping photos along the way.
Stopped at a bakery and watched them make cakes and other goodies.
Finally found a place that looked good and we grabbed a bite.  I was in the mood for pizza again.  Do you get the feeling that we might have put some weight on with this trip?? I do:)
After lunch I wanted to check out where Napolian was buried.  For a small guy, he was buried in a rather large way.
And there he is.
This complex also had quite the selection of war museums.  Kiri gracefully allowed me to spend a few hours browsing the World War I exhibit.

From here we decided to wander back to the hotel along the Seine.

Later that evening we took a metro out to the Eiffel Tower where we were going to sit and watch the lights come on.  We grabbed dinner first.  We both wanted salmon so we ordered the same item.
Followed by a delicious dessert.
Later that evening we sat and enjoyed the tower.  I didn't take any photos.  Why ruin the moment:)

Today we're doing the airport thing.  We don't want to go back, but normal life beckons.  I'll make this last post from the Dallas airport as we wait to make our connection to Tucson.  

Hope I didn't bore to many people.  Motorcycle posts coming back.  I promise.  Thanks for reading.  Take care!


  1. I don't think people mind no motorcycle posts when they get a virtual tour of Paris.

    Thanks for taking the time to blog your adventures. I like following you two around on your travels.

    And dammit, now I'm hungry again.

  2. Thanks for reading! Much appreciated! Sorry for making you hungry but food porn is always fun to post:)

  3. Great photos, love to see your travels! Paris really looks beautiful


  4. @Gregg Dunne - Glad you enjoyed them! It's an amazing city, the wife didn't want to leave:)